- A Memoir of the 1950s Pakistan – V
Two major events formed…
- A Memoir of the 1950s Pakistan – IV
Sometime during 1949, while …
- A memoir of the 1950s Pakistan – III
This memoir was published in Criterion Quarterly, January-March 1919, vol.Continue reading “A memoir of the 1950s Pakistan – III”
- Birth of a Movement: Transformation of Bramsh Solidarity Committees
Baloch society has ۔۔۔
- A Memoir of the 1950s Pakistan – II
I told my father that I had ۔۔۔
- A Memoir of the 1950s Pakistan – I
I start with some ‘pre-history.’…
- Power, Law and Brutality: The Link between Colonial and Post-Colonial India
- Inclusivity in Pakistan’s Urban Feminist Movement: A Call for Reflection
While inclusivity as a principle would translate into inclusion of all marginalised۔۔۔
- Covid-19, Global Left and Politics in Pakistan
Ammar Ali Jan, Zahid Ali and Ziyad Faisal sat down with political activist, writer and public intellectual Tariq Ali for the Left-wing Youtube show The Muqaddimah. A number of topics came under discussion….
- How is Lenin Relevant for Politics in Pakistan Today?
The untimely crisis of COVID-19 has melted away political, theoretical and ideological certainties held by many.
- The Moral Virus
There is a popular joke about the promise of celestial virgins (hoors) for pious Muslim men who make it to heaven—it quips how this is not really a reward for the eager men but more a punishment for the hoors.